Celebrate Día de los Niños / Día de los Libros with Free Books!
Día de los Niños is coming up and a great way to celebrate the kid (and your inner kid) in your life. Día de los Niños is celebrated every year on April 30th in Mexico, and being here in the borderland, we get to benefit from the celebrations as well!
I remember my parents always made sure to celebrate Día de los Niños with my sister and I. Each year we'd get our favorite treat, mine was always Hot Cheetos, and most importantly, my parents would give us a book! Which is why I'm super excited that the El Paso Public Libraries and the Parks and Recreation Department will be giving out free books!
Coincidentally, Día de los Niños and Día de los Libros are celebrated together. To commemorate the holidays, the El Paso Public Libraries along with the Parks & Rec department, will be giving out free books on Saturday May 1st.
The books will be given out from 10 A.M. to noon, or until supplies last, at these different locations:
- Chamizal Community Center and Library, 2119 Cypress Ave
- Downtown Artist and Farmer’s Market, 117 Anthony St.
- Galatzan Recreation Center, 650 Wallenberg
- Gary Del Palacio Recreation Center, 3001 Parkwood St. at Album Park
- Valle Bajo Community Center and Library, 7380 Alameda Ave.
- Veterans Recreation Center, 5301 Salem Dr.
- The Bookmobile at The Beast Urban Park, 13501 Jason Crandall Dr.
In case you are wondering, they will also have Spanish and bilingual books available.
Just a reminder that if you plan on attending, COVID-19 safety guidelines will remain in place, including the use of a face covering, physical distancing and temperature checks.
Celebrate Día de los Niños and Día de los Libros with a brand new book and don't forget to treat your inner child as well!
EP Animal Services Adoptable Dogs