If You Don’t Have an ID, You Can Still Vote
We've heard a lot in the past few years about people not having an ID and not being able to vote. Well, technically you can vote without an ID. Here's how.
- First, GO HERE and get yourself a Reasonable Impediment Declaration form.
- You will also need one of these other items:
- a certified domestic birth certificate
- a current utility bill
- a bank statement
- a government check
- a paycheck
- or a government document that shows your name and address.
You do have to have a valid reason for not having an ID, which you will have to claim on the form. They are:
- Lack of transportation
- Disability or illness
- Lack of birth certificate or or other documents needed to obtain acceptable form of photo ID
- Work schedule
- Family responsibilities
- Lost or stolen identification
- Acceptable for of photo ID applied for but not received
Another thing to be wary of, is if you do this, you need to make sure they are giving you regular ballot and not a provisional ballot.