Love For El Paso Calling For Youth To Submit Their EP Art
As we approach the one year anniversary of the tragic attack on our city, the El Paso United Family Resiliency Center (FRC), the County of El Paso and the City of El Paso are aiming to unite El Pasoans once again in order to honor those we lost and send love to those deeply impacted. Events will be held to honor those affected and you can take part of it too, safely, of course.
The FRC is calling for the young artists of the Borderland to submit their artwork to be part of a virtual art gallery. The FRC is encouraging youth ages 3-18 to practice healing through art by answering the question: "What do I love most about the Borderland?"
Art entries will be judged on creativity, originality, execution, overall impression and clarity of theme. Judges are Drea and Steven Ingle, co-founders of Creative Kids, a nonprofit focused on purposeful visual art education. There will be three pieces selected in each age range, one for each art medium which are hand drawing, painting and photography. The age ranges are:
- Middle School
- High School
How to Participate:
- Contestants must be between 3 and 18 years old and can submit only one piece.
- Original art must fit on a canvas or sheet no greater than 8.5 x 11
- Fill out the form below and upload photo or scan of entry (in JPG or PNG format).
- Those selected will be contacted no later than August 17, 2020 with more information.
Deadline to submit art is Monday, August 3rd. Results will be published on Friday, August 14, 2020 through the official website and social media accounts of the El Paso United Family Resiliency Center. You can apply and submit your art by clicking here.
Other commemoration events that will be held next week in the city to honor the victims. Some of those events include:
- Orange Ribbons Memorial in Ponder Park
- Memorial Exhibition at the El Paso Museum of History
- Drive-Thru Luminarias at Ascarate Park
- Act of Kindness Day
- Healing with Movement Yoga Hour
- Tour de Tolerance virtual event
- Hope and Healing with Emergence Health Network
- Interfaith Celebration of Life and Healing by the Interfaith Alliance of the Southwest