Monday Borderland Area Closures and Delays Due To Winter Weather
On Sunday morning, El Pasoans woke up to a winter wonderland with plenty of ice and snow on the ground. The weather conditions made driving treacherous and people were asked to stay home instead of venturing out for Valentine's Day. By Sunday evening, some areas saw the snow melt and refreeze overnight turning to black ice, and other areas just saw the snow continue to accumulate. No matter what part of town you're living in, expect delays and closures to affect your morning commute.
Here are the most up-to-date delays, closures, and cancellations for the Borderland:
- El Paso International Airport- There are several flights that are delayed and canceled due to bad weather across the country. Please visit the El Paso International Airport website to find out specific flight information.
- The City of El Paso- all administrative offices and municipal courts have delayed opening until 10 a.m. All early morning court cases to be rescheduled and residents will be notified.
- YWCA- Childcare centers and gyms will open at 10 a.m. this morning
- El Paso Public Libraries- Curbside book pickup is suspended for Monday
- Concordia Cemetary- Closed Monday, no visitations will be allowed due to weather
- El Paso Community College- Classes will be operating remotely and all students and staff are advised to stay home Monday
- State-run COVID Testing Sites- Closed Monday and will resume normal operations Tuesday
- El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank- All pantry food distribution sites closed Monday
- The University of Texas at El Paso- All in-person on-campus activities delayed till 10 a.m. including walk-up COVID testing sites and the YWCA Early Learning Center on campus. UTEP's Student Rec Center will delay opening until 12 p.m.
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center of El Paso- Delayed opening until 12 p.m. Monday, all in-person classes will resume in the afternoon.
- Anthony ISD- All schools and district offices operating remotely Monday. Meal services are unavailable.
- Socorro ISD- All schools and district offices operating remotely Monday. Meal services are unavailable.
- San Elizario- All schools and district offices operating remotely Monday. Meal services are unavailable.
- Fabens ISD- All schools and district offices operating remotely Monday. Meal services are unavailable.
- Ysleta ISD- All schools and district offices operating remotely Monday. Meal services are unavailable.
KLAQ Listeners Working at Home