New Name Options for the Washington ‘Redskins’
When I was a kid 30 years ago I knew that the 'Redskins' name was an issue. This seriously caused me much confusion as a child because we were learning things like tolerance and racism being bad. You know, stuff like that. Here we are 3 decades later and the 'Redskins' name still stands and owner Dan Snyder has said that he's not going to change the name.
Even if he doesn't want to, it could still happen. Here are some options for new names for the Redskins.
- The Washington Redskin Potatoes - Want to keep part of the 'Redskin' name? Slap a potato on the end. The Fighting Spuds!
- The Washington Monuments - Just go full phallic and use the Washington Monument as the logo.
- The Washington Lincolns - Who is the greatest President of all time? Arguably it's Lincoln. I mean he was a vampire hunter.
- The Washington Presidents - This one is fluid because it'll change every time someone knew steps into office. Right now, the Donald would be the logo. This is a marketing gold mine because you'd be changing the logo and merchandise every 4 to 8 years.
- The Washington Bill - Yes, this one would be confusing because of the Buffalo Bills, but only until Washington wins the Super Bowl. Okay, that might be awhile. But this 'Bill' (it needs to be singular) is the bill from the School House Rock. He will then become a 'law' after Washington wins the Super Bowl.
- The Washington DC - Why not jump on the full name of the District of Columbia? BUT, that's not what this mascot is all about. You sign a deal with DC Comics and you can use whatever superheroes you want. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, all of them.