Stats About Drinking Related Injuries
You ever wake up the morning after a party and just see random bruises? Yeah, so have I. Here are some stats about injuries you incur while drinking.
- The alcohol most likely to be linked to men hurting themselves is... beer. For women... vodka.
- 88% of people who have broken a bone while drunk say that it wouldn't have happened if they'd been sober.
- What are you most likely to injure while drunk? Your extremities. Leg, arm, face, hand, and head.
- Most common occasions for someone to get hurt drunk are birthday parties, New Year's Eve, a college party, and a work celebration. For me? It was apparently while camping.
- The average drinker has two drinking-related injuries.
- The most common age of an injury is 22, with spikes again at 25 and 35.
- 23% of people have started a drunken fight and the most common reason for the fight when asked after the fact? "I don't remember."