Things You Probably Missed in ‘Avengers: Endgame’
If you haven't seen Avengers: Endgame yet, and care about spoilers, TURN AWAY NOW! This article is FILLED with spoilers from the movie. This list doesn't include call backs to previous MCU films. That is coming later.
Here are some things that you may have missed during the finale to the MCU's Infinity Saga.
- New Asgard is located at Tønsberg, Norway. This was the earth-based battleground for Odin's war against the Frost Giants.
- It's also where the Red Skull first found the Tesseract.
- There are two important people in the circle of people Captain America is helping get through the disappearance of half the people on the planet.
- First, the guy talking about the date he went on is Joe Russo. One of the Russo brothers who directed Endgame, as well as Winter Solder, Civil War, and Infinity War.
- Second, one of the other guys in the circle is Jim Starlin, the man who created Thanos.
- Speaking of the Russo brothers, if you are a fan of the Dan Harmon comedy Community, you might have noticed many cameos from the stars of Community in the MCU. Most recently in Endgame you had Yvette Nicole Brown and Ken Jeong. The reason for these cameos is the Russo brothers directed and produced a TON of episodes of Community.
- Ant-Man's vintage helmet can be seen when Tony and Steve go back to 1970. It can be seen right before Hank Pym answers the phone about the fake package.
- When Cap whispers "Hail Hydra" in order to convince everyone else in the elevator it's okay for him to walk out with Loki's scepter, this is a nod to the comics and the Secret War event, which had Cap as a Hydra agent.
- And this one is really brief, but Howard the Duck DOES show up in the movie. When the heroes that were turned to ash come back in Endgame, he's standing behind Wasp.
This is just a small list of the things you may or may not have missed in Avengers: Endgame.