*WATCH* Exploring the Franklin Mountain’s Aztec Cave
I keep telling myself I'm going to go hiking. I already work out 5 to 6 times a week. What could be so different or difficult? Apparently getting my ass up and in my car to drive myself to the location. That seems to be too tall of a task for me to handle. Hopefully I'll be able to get up to the Franklin Mountains soon to enjoy a nice hike.
In the meantime, I'm good with watching videos like this that explore the wonders that the Franklin Mountains hold.
Visit El Paso also has a whole article up about ways you can enjoy the outdoors here in El Paso. CLICK HERE for the full, in-depth look. Enjoying the view from the Aztec Caves is number one on their list. The other outdoor experiences that Visit El Paso recommends include:
- Climbing to the peak of the Franklin Mountains. This one is not for the weak as you are going to get up to 7,192 feet above sea level, but is worth it for the full 360 degree view of the Borderland.
- You can also check out some ancient Native American pictographs out at Hueco Tanks State Park and Historic Park.
- Try heading off road out at Red Sands. If you own a UTV, you know what I'm talking about, but there are also place you can rent them.
- Hike, bike, or jog along the Rio Grande. It's right there, go check it out.
- You can also explore Rio Bosque Wetlands Park. This is located just southeast of El Paso along the Texas-Mexico border.